Table of Contents
Awards and Conferences
The Miami medical community stays engaged with the wider world of medicine by facilitating interconnection with the broader hormone replacement therapy (HRT) industry in the region, the nation, and even the world. Accordingly, one way to stay in the loop is attendance at one of the many medical conferences that occur regularly in the Miami area. Some such conferences we are most excited to welcome to Miami in include:
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders – IFSO2021 (October 19-23 2021). This annual global conference – held this year in Miami, right in our backyard — focuses on new strategies and technologies to prevent and treat obesity and metabolic disorders, which are often closely linked to hormonal imbalances. According to the conference’s description:
“IFSO is the greatest worldwide bariatric meeting, attended by international surgeons, multidisciplinary support staff, researchers, physicians, and healthcare professionals involved with the primary mission of IFSO: unite and educate against adiposity and metabolic disorders.”
Some of the topics to be covered at the 2021 IFSO include “ICG, percutaneous approaches, women bariatric surgeons, medications, and other therapies for metabolic problems.”
As Miami natives, we are proud to host this prestigious medical conference in our city.
- National Telemedicine Summit (September 14-14, 2021). As HGH Therapy Clinic has prioritized patient convenience and cost-effectiveness of treatment, we strive to stay on top of the latest developments in the exciting (and growing) field of telemedicine. The World Health Organization, considered by many to be the leading medical group in the world, defines telemedicine in the following way:
“The delivery of health care services, where distance is a critical factor, by all health care professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation, and for the continuing education of health care providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities.”
As pioneers in medicine, we recognize the potential of telemedicine to transform healthcare access to millions, potentially billions, of patients around the world, including right here in Miami. That’s why we’re proud that Miami is welcoming the 2021 National Telemedicine Summit to South Beach in September. Partners for this venture include leading organizations in the telemedicine sector like National Medical Licensing and Guideway Care.
- International Conference on Science, Health, and Medicine (Dec 23-24, 2021). The ICSHM, set to come to River Park Hotel & Suites at the end of the year, is a “prestigious event organized with a motivation to provide an excellent international platform for the academicians, researchers, engineers, industrial participants and budding students around the world to share their research findings with the global experts.”
The Miami-based doctors representing their city at the upcoming conference plan to share their latest work at this well-known and widely respected international medical gathering.
The reason that so many medical conferences choose Miami – aside from the gorgeous beaches and status as a bustling international city – is that Miami is home to tons of fantastic, renowned doctors. This includes a healthy roster of expert endocrinologists, the medical industry term for hormone doctors.
Some of the most elite endocrinologists working in Miami include:
- Dr. Lara M. Paraskos (Jackson Memorial Hospital – Jackson Health, graduate of Miller School of Medicine, Medical School)
- Dr. V. Rodriguez (University of Miami Health System, graduate of Miller School of Medicine, Medical School)
- Dr. D. Baidal (Jackson Memorial Hospital – Jackson Health System, graduate of Universidad Catolica de Santiago de Guayaquil – Residency, Internal Medicine Medical School)
- Dr. Hara R. Berger (Jackson Memorial Hospital – Jackson Health, graduate of Tufts University – Medical School)
Medical Schools of our Doctors
South Florida, particularly Miami, is home to numerous highly-ranked and fully accredited medical schools. Some of the standout examples of medical training institutions in and around Miami include:
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. The Miller School of Medicine is acclaimed for its consistent innovative approach to medical training for its students. Laurence B. Gardner, M.D. – the executive dean for education and policy – says that “the new curriculum will produce physician leaders who will have the opportunity to shape the future of medicine, direct health systems, and champion discovery and its translation into clinical interventions.” In addition to training up-and-coming leaders in the medical community, the Miller School is also a premier research institute, home to multiple elite research units – for example, the Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute.
- Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM). HWCOM burst onto the medical scene in 2006 when it first opened. Since then, it has grown exponentially and garnered international attention. The school has been recently recognized as the #3Most Diverse Medical School according to the U.S. News & World Report. And, just like the Miller School, the Herbert Wertheim School conducts extensive and often-published groundbreaking studies with an emphasis on “basic, applied, translational, clinical, and interdisciplinary research that leverages South Florida’s diverse demographics, improves the health of the South Florida community, and aligns with national global health trends.”
- University of South Florida College of Medicine. Located a bit north of Miami in Tampa Bay, this esteemed medical school has operated since 1971. Also, the USF School of Medicine serves the armed services veterans through its affiliation with two VA hospitals in the region, the James A. Haley VAMC in Tampa, Florida and the Bay Pines VAMC. It also partners with the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, elite nonprofit cancer treatment and research center located in Tampa, Florida as well as the All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Charity in Medical field
Miami is also home to numerous medical groups offering charity care to residents who cannot afford the attention they need. Examples of such groups offering heavily discounted – or often free – healthcare to Miami citizens include:
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Jackson Health Foundation
- Florida Association of Free and Charitable Clinics