If your doctor has prescribed Norditropin by Novo Nordisk for the treatment of adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD), you will want to follow the directions for use provided in your leaflet. HGH Doctor also provides links to online videos that detail the preparation and injection of Norditropin HGH. In addition to the Norditropin instructions outlined below, one of our medical advisors will gladly walk you through the process over the phone when you administer your first injection if desired.
Many adults choose the Norditropin FlexPro pen for its convenience and simplicity. It is a prefilled injector system that uses tiny, disposable needles – a new one for each injection.
How is Norditropin different from other brands of HGH injections?
The Norditropin instructions below differ from those of many other forms of HGH injections. Because the pens are prefilled, there is no need for mixing the solution before use. Each multi-dose disposable pen is ready for use when you are. Once a pen is empty, dispose of it as instructed and open a new FlexPro pen for use. There are no cartridges to replace.
*Norditropin instructions are easy to follow as the FlexPro pens come prefilled and ready for use.
Norditropin is a brand of biosynthetic human growth hormone produced by recombinant DNA technology. It is molecularly identical to the growth hormone secreted by the pituitary gland.
Norditropin HGH acts on the same receptor cells throughout the body as pituitary GH, stimulating the vital actions that maintain the body’s health.
By following the Norditropin instructions provided, men and women can improve physiological functions in the following ways:
- Stimulating the metabolism which improves the burning and use of stored fat for increased energy
- Supporting cell regeneration crucial for the maintenance of healthy skin, organs, muscles, bones, hair, and nails
- Strengthening the immune system to fight off invading microorganisms and speed healing and recovery time
- Enhancing sexual functions and desire
- Supporting healthy brain functions, including learning, retention, focus, and memory recall
- Maintaining emotional well-being and decreasing stress, anxiety, and depression
These are just a few of the many ways that Norditropin HGH benefits men and women diagnosed with AGHD.
*Norditropin is a brand of human growth hormones produced by recombinant DNA technology to the same molecular structure as naturally secreted growth hormone.
Instructions for Using Norditropin FlexPro Pens
The Norditropin instructions for use below discuss the FlexPro pen. It is vital that you familiarize yourself with this information before getting started with your first injection.
Norditropin HGH is safe to use as prescribed by a doctor for the treatment of AGHD. Do not use Norditropin if it has not been prescribed for you. Do not hesitate to contact HGH Doctor hormone clinic if you have any questions.
Never share your Norditropin with another individual. Do not use any HGH medication that has been prescribed to someone else. Also, do not alter your dosage or treatment frequency without doctor authorization. Increasing your dosage could result in unwanted side effects. Reducing how much HGH you take can impact the benefits you receive.
Please adhere to all Norditropin instructions as written unless told otherwise by your medical provider.
Information you need to know before starting treatment with the Norditropin FlexPro pen:
Norditropin is used to replenish the supply of growth hormone in the adult body when the pituitary gland no longer produced enough for daily needs. Blood analysis and physical examination are diagnostic requirements necessary before the prescribing of HGH therapy. Warning signs of AGHD include:
- Weight gain
- Low libido
- Muscle loss
- Joint pains
- Poor concentration
- Increased anxiety and stress
- Loss of height
- Signs of skin aging
- Hair loss or thinning
- Brittle nails
- Frequent or longer-lasting illness
- Slow healing
- Sexual dysfunction
- Social isolation
Do not use Norditropin HGH if you are allergic to any of its ingredients, including somatropin, phenol, mannitol, poloxamer 188, histidine, sodium hydroxide, and hydrochloric acid.
Individuals with active malignancy (cancer) should not use Norditropin until in remission and approved for treatment by their oncologist.
Norditropin is contraindicated in cases of acute critical illness resulting from abdominal or open-heart surgery, multiple accidental trauma, acute respiratory failure, or if you have undergone a kidney transplant.
Your doctor will determine the required Norditropin dosage based on your level of deficiency, gender, age, body composition, and health.
Upon receipt of your Norditropin medication, store it in the refrigerator in the outer carton to protect from light exposure. Do not expose Norditropin to heat or place in the freezer.
After the first use of each FlexPro pen, it may remain refrigerated for up to 4 weeks or kept at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. Many people select Norditropin for its ability to travel without refrigeration.
Store the FlexPro pen without an attached needle and keep the cap fully closed when not in use. A new needle is required for each injection and should be properly disposed of after use.
The following Norditropin instructions are for the FlexPro pen:
- Always check the medication expiration date and examine it for particles or discoloration before use. Do not use if expired, or you notice particles or a cloudy or discolored appearance.
- Always prime a new pen before its first use to ensure you see a drop of medication at the tip of the needle. Priming instructions are included with your medicine.
- Attach a new NovoFine needle before use by peeling off the paper tab and screwing the needle straight onto the pen as instructed in the provided directions.
- Alter the side of your abdomen with each injection – ensuring to stay one inch away from the belly button.
- Clean the injection site with an alcohol swab and let it air dry before proceeding with the shot.
- Remove both the outer and inner needle caps, discarding the inner cap, but retaining the outer cap to recover the needle for removal following the injection.
- Select your dosage as prescribed by the doctor by turning the dosage selector forward – if you pass the prescribed dosage, turn the selector backward.
- Pinch an area of skin around the sterilized injection site and insert the needle fully into the skin.
- Press the button in all the way and hold the needle in place under the skin for 6 seconds to ensure the full dose of medication enters the body.
- Remove the needle from the skin and replace the outer cap before unscrewing it from the pen and disposing of it in the Sharps container.
- Replace the pen cap, put the pen back in its box, and return it to your secure storage site.
If you take any of the following medications, there may be interactions with Norditropin HGH. Please let your doctor know about these and any other supplements, drugs, or over-the-counter preparations that you take. Dosages of some medications such as the ones below will need to be monitored and possibly adjusted during treatment for AGHD:
- Cyclosporin (immunosuppressive)
- Thyroid hormones
Please tell your doctor if any of the following apply to you before starting HGH therapy:
- Pregnant, nursing, or trying to become pregnant
- Abnormal thyroid function
- Previous cancer or tumors
- Kidney disease
- Are on glucocorticoid replacement therapy
- Sleep apnea
Contact your doctor at once if any of the following occur:
- You accidentally inject too much Norditropin HGH
- You experience unexpected or severe side effects from Norditropin, such as:
- Allergic reactions including rash, hives, breathing difficulty, swelling of the face, throat, lips, or eyes
- Pale skin
- Vomiting or nausea
Injection site reactions such as redness, irritation, pain, or itching are possible – especially in the beginning as you are getting used to administering your HGH treatment. There is no need for concern unless the situation does not clear up or worsens.
Please contact HGH Doctor hormone clinic if you experience signs of carpal tunnel syndrome, edema, or other unexpected symptoms while using Norditropin HGH or if you have any other questions.