Many hormone replacement therapy (HRT) patients often ask about the physiological mechanisms by which synthetic human growth hormone (HGH), called Somatropin , burns fat and keeps fat off.
HRT with HGH is one of the most powerful tools that anyone with a diagnosable growth hormone deficiency (GHD) can use to supercharge their weight loss and meet their goals.
Here, we’ll delve into the science to explore the mechanisms behind HGH’s role in fat burning and how to successfully use HGH for weight loss, and for long-term health and wellness.
What is adipose tissue (fat tissue), what is it made of, and what function does it serve?
Adipose tissue, more commonly known in everyday parlance as “body fat,” is located all throughout the body in numerous forms with differing functions. These include:
- Brown adipose tissue;
- Bone marrow adipose tissue;
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue;
- Perivascular adipose tissue;
- Epicardial adipose tissue;
- Ectopic hepatic lipids;
- Visceral adipose tissue.
Adipose tissue isn’t necessarily bad in itself – the problem comes when the human body accumulates excessive amounts of fat tissue. Rather, each type of fat tissue serves important functions in the body.
For example, brown adipose tissue (BAT) “is critical for heat generation and lipid oxidation,” meaning it helps to keep the body warm in cold environments.
The functions that fat serves in the body include:
- Providing energy in times of caloric deprivation;
- Protecting organs;
- Supporting cell growth;
- Keeping levels of cholesterol and blood pressure in check;
- Helping the body absorb vital nutrients.
The problem with body fat comes when it accumulates in the body and leads to negative health outcomes:
“Over one third of U.S. adults have obesity. Obesity is associated with a range of comorbidities, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obstructive sleep apnea, and cancer; however, modest weight loss in the 5%–10% range, and above, can significantly improve health‐related outcomes.”
What causes unwanted fat buildup in the body leading to weight gain?
Identifying the causes of unwanted, unhealthy fat buildup in the body is important to chart a weight loss path moving forward. The triggers of body fat accumulation include:
- Hormone imbalance (a critical and often-overlooked cause of weight gain);
- High stress levels (often interrelated with hormone imbalance);
- Unhealthy eating habits;
- Lack of exercise;
- Improper sleep.
What are the symptoms of excess body fat
Obesity can cause numerous symptoms in individuals battling obesity, including:
- Chronic joint pain;
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea);
- Excessive sweating;
- Heat intolerance;
- Difficulty sleeping – i.e., sleep apnea, daytime drowsiness;
- Poor self-esteem.
There are differences in how body fat accumulates over time based on sex:
- In men, unhealthy body fat called visceral fat tends to accumulate around the abdomen (causing the so-called “beer belly” in older men);
- In women, unhealthy body fat called visceral tends to accumulate around the hips and buttocks.
How can HGH burn fat?
Here are some of the most important was that HGH burns fat:
- One of the key physiological mechanisms that HGH uses to shred fat is that it accelerates a process called lipolysis. Lipolysis is how the body converts stored body fat into useful energy during, for example, periods of fasting or exercise.
That’s why HGH is vital for any sliming program involving exercise – it provides a substantial boost to the fat breakdown process and speeds up the rate of weight loss.
- Similarly, HGH injections support weight loss diets by offsetting the hormonal changes that occur during caloric deprivation – namely, drops in the levels of a hormone called leptin. This is why endocrinologists often recommend HGH supplementation to complement shifting dietary habits with the aim of weight loss.
Finally, weight loss often becomes difficult during periods of hormonal changes over the aging process – for example, during and following menopause. Age-related hormonal shifts often include falling HGH levels, leading to growth hormone deficiency (GHD). These changes often trigger important metabolic changes, that in turn cause weight gain. HGH prevents, treats, and reverses these changes and facilitates burning fat.
What physical health benefits result from belly fat burn with HGH?
Individuals receiving HGH for fat loss experience the following mental health and physical health benefits:
- Lowered blood pressure;
- Decreased risk of heart disease;
- Optimized breathing;
- Lesser risk of diabetes;
- Reduced systemic inflammation (involved in nearly every chronic disease);
- Reduction or elimination of needed medications.
Keep in mind that this list is by no means exhaustive; fat loss has innumerable health benefits extending to virtually every organ and body system.
What mental health benefits result from fat loss with HGH??
Here are the mental health benefits you can expect from weight loss with HGH:
- Increased confidence;
- Improved self-esteem;
- Greater assertiveness;
- Reduced depression and anxiety;
- Improved body image;
- Increased productivity;
- Reduced social anxiety.
What athletic and physical performance improvements will you experience following HGH fat burn?
Here are the benefits in athletic performance and physical performance that you can experience:
- Greater endurance;
- Higher, more sustainable energy levels;
- Quicker movement;
- Greater agility;
- Improved strength-to-weight ratio (for competitors in weightlifting or combat sports, for example);
Perhaps most importantly of all, weight loss improves overall quality of life (QOL) and increases lifespan.
Are there any side effects?
Human growth hormone supplementation can have side effects:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (rare);
- Muscle pain;
- Insulin resistance (rare);
- Enlargement of the hands, feet, or head (acromegaly) (rare);
- Weakness and/or fatigue;
- Swelling (edema) in the extremities (rare);
Here are strategies to reduce or eliminate the risk of these side effects:
- Undergo proper blood testing prior to therapy to determine your baseline HGH levels;
- Avoid fake or substandard HGH products;
- Always rely on the expert guidance of an experienced endocrinologist before, during, and after therapy.
How long does it take before HGH start burning fat?
The rate at which HGH produces weight loss varies from patient to patient, but the vast majority of HGH replacement therapy patients begin to notice weight loss within a month of beginning therapy.
The greatest results, as well as the multiple other health benefits of HGH supplementation, accrue over time and peak within 6 months to a year of beginning therapy.
Fat burn testimonials from real-life HGH Therapy Doc Clinic patients
We are proud of our track record of success, working with each patient who visits us one-on-one to understand their weight loss goals and to design an individualized treatment plan to meet them.
Here is what our real-life patients have to say:
“I can’t say enough positive things about the HGH Therapy Doc team. They went above and beyond – flexible scheduling, always ready to take my call with questions or concerns, constant follow-up and monitoring. After 9 months, I lost 35 pounds. I look and feel at least a decade younger, maybe more.”
“At 53 and 200+ pounds, I felt like I had reached the end of my rope. I had tried countless diet programs, felt like I almost starved myself to death, pounded the pavement endlessly, and I still couldn’t lose the weight. That’s when my friend Mark introduced me to the crew at HGH Therapy Doc Clinic. They uncovered a growth hormone deficiency I hadn’t even been aware of. A year and a half and 50+ pounds lost later, I can honestly say HGH Therapy Doc Clinic litearlly gave me my life back.”
When should HRT patients stop taking HGH?
There might be several reasons that your doctor might recommend that you discontinue HGH supplementation:
- Unmanageable side effects;
- Negative interactions with other medications;
- Cancer or other health conditions that contraindicate HGH;
- Pregnancy (in women);
- You successfully achieve your weight loss goals and continuing HGH supplementation is no longer necessary;
How to prevent regaining body fat after discontinuing HGH
Stopping HGH supplementation doesn’t mean that you will necessarily regain the weight that you lost. Several strategies will enable you to keep the weight loss results that you have achieved for the long term. Some of these strategies are:
- Whole foods-based, low-carb diet. Concentrate on eating raw or minimally processed foods, eliminating highly processed food products like chips, candies and sodas, and limiting carbohydrate intake to around 150 grams per day or less. Carb-tracking apps can help you manage your carb intake.
Intermittent fasting. Restricting your caloric intake to an 8-hour (or less) “feeding” window each year keeps your metabolism humming at full capacity. The most popular intermittent fasting method is called 16/8 in which you fast for 16 hours and eat freely for 8 hours – for example, from noon to 8 pm.
- Regular exercise. Staying physically active is essential for keeping body fat in check as well as for keeping HGH levels high. In particular, intense exercise programs like weightlifting and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) are excellent methods to elevate HGH naturally.
- Get plenty of sleep (7-9 hours each night). A healthy, regular sleep schedule aids in the fat burning metabolic processes and also encourages greater HGH secretion by the pituitary gland.
The bottom line on HGH for fat Burn
Here are the key takeaways regarding HGH and fat loss:
- Unwanted buildup of adipose tissue (fat tissue) doesn’t just look unsightly; it also poses a serious, potentially fatal, health threat over the long term;
- Hormone changes, inactivity, poor diet, stress and inadequate sleep all conspire to trigger weight gain, especially in older adults;
- Human growth hormone increases fat metabolism, balances hormones like leptin associated with weight gain, and offsets hormone changes in women associated with menopause, when many experience unwanted weight gain;
- Most HRT patients achieve the sliming goals using HGH within as little as a few months to a year;
- Please see the quotes above for real-life weight loss success stories from our HRT patients;
- It’s always critical to seek the supervision and direction of an experienced endocrinologist (hormone doctor) to safely and effectively slim down with HGH;
- Our HGH Therapy Doc Clinic is staffed by experienced professionals with years of experience and helpful, knowledgeable staff who all work together to deliver individualized care on a case-by-case basis to each patient who walks through our door.
Even if you’ve tried other fat burn plans and failed, there is hope. Get in touch with us today to achieve your weight loss dreams transform your own life.